Friday, October 11, 2013

Nightmares and Dreams!

It is 4:45am and why am I awake? Nightmare.

Well, it doesn't really feel like a nightmare anymore. I texted one of my elder brothers to ask if he was still awake, as he knows and understands dreams better than I do. As I narrated my dream to him, he said the same thing that was on my mind, that there is a guiding light in my life.

I was sleeping, and suddenly a sound started coming in the background which was becoming louder and louder, and it soon became audible. The sound was "fuck off" and it was repeating constantly.
I was alone in my room, my roommate's bed was empty. Suddenly, from the left side of the bed came my roommate's face; she gripped my shoulders tight and said "Kanika, please make it stop, please make it stop, it won't stop!" I comforted her and started chanting 'Om Namah Shivaya'. Slowly, the sound changed to the chanting and slowly into a bhajan. As, the bhajan started, the light came on and my cousin sister was next to me. I looked and laughingly said, "we started our day with fuck off".
She looked at me with a smile and said, "the majority of people who start their days with bhajans are actually corrupt at heart".

I woke up, to a dark and empty room; ran and turned on the lights.
Nightmares have always shaken me up, since childhood; and you might think it gets better with time but it doesn't. But I have realized that if you spend time thinking about your nightmare, you could end up finding something positive in it.
I believe that dreams have messages and meaning. There is a reason behind the dreams we have and I have always been fascinated by them.

This nightmare can not really be called a nightmare; my brother told me that this dream is a sign that there is a guiding light that is protecting me. I believe so too. I know I am susceptible to negative energies and emotions because there are days and days in a row when I am soaked in negativity and it takes me a lot of time and strength to get out of it and return to the light.

I know many people do not believe in such things and hence, would not understand the significance of the dream that broke my sleep tonight. But there is something about dreams that can not be explained. Some dreams seem so real that when you wake up it is hard to believe that it was just a dream.

It is almost 7am now and I think I am prepared to go back to sleep.
Believe in your dreams, it is the Universe's way of telling you things you can not comprehend with open eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment